Terms and Conditions
The following apply to all CPS Energy commercial rebate/incentive programs. Please review these and the terms and conditions specific to your rebate/incentive type, in addition to these, before pursuing an Application.
- Programs may be modified or terminated at any time and without notice by CPS Energy.
- CPS Energy requirements and rebate levels are subject to change without notice.
- Programs will automatically stop taking new rebate applications when the applicable program funding is exhausted.
- The final rebate amount is calculated upon final verification of the work by CPS Energy and may vary from estimates. A final review of all of the documentation and calculations will be conducted upon the receipt of the signed Verification Form by CPS Energy. In some cases this may result in the rebate amount being revised.
- In the event that the rebate amount changes, or if rebate funds are depleted, during the course of the program, the application postmark (or email date) will be used to determine rebate eligibility. The rebate amount will be calculated at this time, provided rebate funds are still available.
- Prior to issuing a rebate, CPS Energy shall conduct a site visit/audit to verify that the installed equipment is eligible for rebate. The site visit/audit, and all aspects related to the site visit/audit, is conducted solely for determining rebate equipment eligibility. The site visit/audit is not a safety review and is not intended for any other purposes than verifying equipment rebate eligibility. A rebate will not be paid if CPS Energy is not able to conduct any required pre or post site visit/audit or verification. Repeated site visits/audits due to incorrect information having been submitted to CPS Energy by the customer or contractor or the customer & contractor not being prepared or present for the scheduled site visit/audit, may be subject to additional fees. By accepting a rebate from CPS Energy, a customer agrees to provide further access to CPS Energy personnel or its designated agents to the rebated equipment for verifying eligibility for the rebate for a period of 7 years after the rebate has been paid.
- Installations must be completed in accordance with all laws, codes, permits and other applicable requirements under federal, state and local authority.
- The customer is urged to seek appropriate consultation concerning any tax liabilities that may be associated with the receipt of the rebate.
- CPS Energy, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, contractors and agents.
- Are not responsible for any tax liabilities that a customer may incur.
- Assume no responsibility for the performance of the equipment or equipment warranty, the quality of the work, labor and/or materials supplied, and/or the acts or omissions of the participating contractor.
- Do not endorse, guarantee or warrant any particular contractor, manufacturer or installation.
- Are not responsible for any errors that occur while utilizing software made available to the customer for processing a commercial energy rebate request.
- The customer hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless, CPS Energy, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, contractors and agents from any and all liability arising from customer’s installation, acts or omissions taken by customer’s contractor, and/or for the actions taken by Customer or CPS Energy pursuant to the rebate programs.
- No energy savings are guaranteed as a result of the purchase and installation of eligible equipment.
- The customer is responsible for the rebate process, from initiation through completion. The customer may designate an agent/primary contact; however, the customer is responsible for ensuring that all rebate requirements, terms and conditions, and program processes are strictly followed.
- Customer is responsible for, and must sign, the application and agrees to all program requirements including these terms and conditions upon doing so.
- Customer is responsible for informing CPS Energy if the assigned contractor changes and realize that rebate eligibility may be affected by this change.
- Rebates are paid based on invoice for actual labor, material, and disposal costs for equipment retrofit/installations, not for other costs such as rebate management..
- Customer agrees to refund the rebate to CPS Energy if the program requirements, guidelines, and terms and conditions are not complied with.